Health and Honesty’s Comfrey Salve is the ultimate addition to your medicine cabinet, although it’s a mainstay in my purse! Perfect for any type of external ailment, it helps re-knit damaged tissue while reducing the presence of scars, eliminates pain and inflammation, and reduces the appearance of bruises. It also soothes skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis and helps keep the bad bacteria out of wounds. Expertly crafted and subtly scented, this salve stands apart from the rest.
12 in stock
A product borne of necessity.
With seven kids, well six excluding my husband, bruises, scrapes, growing pains, and so much more, are a daily occurrence. For example, my husband recently hit is shin bone while using a hammer. It was the scream heard round the world! Half of me rolled my eyes (because I’m the one always nagging to be careful, in typical mothering style) while the other half scrambled to find a way I could ease his pain. I was so thankful that I had tested out this herbal infused salve. It worked like a charm! The swelling and pain were gone in a day. Since then, I’ve been using it on everything, from dry hands and heels, to a fractured toe (yep, husband again), and every time I’ve seen a remarkable difference in healing rate and pain relief. So I decided to make it an actual product on our homestead. I wasn’t going to make any salve though. I put my research skills to good use and found the manufacturing methods and complimentary ingredients to boost this healing salve to its maximum potential!
The Healing Benefits of Health and Honesty’s Comfrey Salve
- Comfrey contains Allantoin, a naturally occurring substance that promotes cell regeneration and new tissue structure, overall increasing healing rate. It is also a keratolytic, bringing water into the cell while shedding its outside layer, making skin moist and smooth. Comfrey, with it’s many properties, can travel through the skin and help with damaged tendons and bones, earning it the name “bone knitter.” As an extra bonus, Comfrey is also an analgesic, helping with the pain of any strains, sprains, burns, or contusions.
- Chamomile is another herb that contains Allantoin and also has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and soothing properties without damaging the skin and its microflora. This makes it an excellent addition for our salve. The subtle, sweet scent isn’t so bad either.
- Shea Butter is packed full of vitamins and essential fatty acids, as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-tumor properties. Shea has been known for its anti-aging results and will help carry the moisturizing and healing properties of the Comfrey even further.
- Lavender and Frankincense Essential Oils add to the addictive aroma of the salve, but were purposefully put in for their anti-bacterial, wound healing effects.
- Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil retains the component squalene; a wonderful skin restorative and wound healer.
- Beeswax is an excellent antimicrobial, and a synergistic addition to Olive Oil. With its hydrophobic properties, it keeps all of the good stuff in, and moisture out, of our salve.
All of this wouldn’t be possible without our commercial grade dehydrator. It allowed us to dry our farm grown, freshly picked Comfrey at the precise temperature, retaining all bioactive compounds and keeping out any fungal growth from poorly dried herbs. As always, we only use organic ingredients. I hope you find this salve as helpful as we have! Say bye bye to boo boos!
|Dimensions||2.5 × 2.5 × .5 in|